GEMS Training Process
1. Look under "Practising Physicians" on our Forms and Publications Page to download and complete the GEMS Enrichment Training Application Form
> Click here.
2. Contact Us for the log-in & password needed to access the on-line GEMS Learning Modules
> Click here.
3. Log on to the Online GEMS Learning Modules
> Click here to Log on to the Online GEMS Learning Modules
4. Complete the on-line pre- and post-tests in order to obtain CFPC Mainpro® credits
5. Upon completion of the GEMS study of modules, GEMS candidates contact STARS through the STARS contact to the right to register for a Human Patient Simulator (HPS) session
6. STARS will notify RPAP of the candidate's successful participation in an HPS session
7. RPAP sends a Certificate of Attendance to the GEMS candidate. The candidate can then record their completed Mainpro credits.
To be eligible for the RPAP Certificate of Attendance, physicians must:
- Complete all the GEMS modules,
- Participate in a STARS Mobile Simulation Program session, and
- Complete an Evaluation Survey.
AFTER completing the self-study, GEMS candidates contact STARS directly to register for testing at a Human Patient Simulator (HPS) session:
STARS Operational Training - Edmonton (780) 890-3135 email@example.com
STARS Operational Training - Calgary (403) 516-4811 firstname.lastname@example.org
STARS Operational Training - Grande Prairie (780) 357-5061 email@example.com