Physician Skills Enrichment
RPAP offers skills enrichment programming for practising rural Alberta physicians to upgrade existing skills or gain new skills in order to meet the medical needs of the community and surrounding area:
RPAP Enrichment Training Program includes:
- Peter K. Lindsay Enrichment Training Program
- General Emergency Medicine Skills
- Rural Medical Staff Professional Development
- Emergency Medical Enrichment
- Recruitment Support Program - Clinical Privileges
Access skills and support online.
Are you a rural Alberta physician looking for teaching and clinical resources to assist you with your daily practice?
PracticalDoc.ca is an on-line resource where practicing rural physicians can access online skills, resources, and support. Current resources include:
- The Virtual Library: Read up on clinical skills or bookmark a procedural video.
- Teaching tools to help rural preceptors develop the next generation of rural doctors. Featured resources such Number Needed To Treat and others added from time to time.
- The PDQ Blog offers filtered feeds, rural webinars and PocketSnips.
Physician Locum Services
The weekend and senior weekend locum programs provide weekend relief so rural physicians may work emergency department shifts of a frequency no greater than one-in-four weekends. The weekend locum programs are funded by RPAP and delivered under contract by the Alberta Medical Association.More
CME for you
Aided by RPAP funding, the Continuing Medical Education/Continuous Professional Learning office at the University of Calgary works with rural physicians to provide high quality CME/CPL to meet the needs of rural Alberta.More