Join us Dec. 7 in Red Deer, and speak with our many health-care, finance, benefits, licensing, and professional exhibitors and learn about resources available to you during your transition to practice. Food will be provided, and resident physician attendees will have the opportunity to win a $100 gift card for London Drugs!
Recruiters, Primary Care Networks, and Medical Affairs have also been invited to give you an opportunity to explore the employment market in Alberta and the different ways you can practice. There will be networking time set aside to allow you to get your questions answered by all the exhibitors—and to try the food!
Red Deer Transition to Practice 101
When: Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 6:00-8:00 pm.
Venue: Baymont Inn & Suites, 4311 – 49 Avenue
Residents can RSVP to PARA at email@example.com with your name and program by Friday, December 2.
Unable to commit yet? Feel free to drop in!
Short, handy transition to practice sessions will include:
1. Getting Ready for Practice: The Overview
- Requirements, deadlines, and associated fees in preparation for practice
- Different practice and job search options available
2. The Appointment & Privileging Process
Presenter: Marlene Young, Central Zone Operations - Medical Affairs, Alberta Health Services
- Overview of the appointment process
- Explore the privileging process that defines the diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that physicians are able to perform
3. Joining a Practice: Start your Career on the Right Footing
Presenter: Grant Sorochan, Practice Management Program, Alberta Medical Association
- Short overview of key things any new physician should consider when joining a physician practice
- Concepts related to a Clinic Practice Agreement will be explored
- Things to consider when you negotiate joining a new practice
Exhibitors who have RSVP’d to date to answer questions and be your resources for transition to practice include:
- College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta
- AMA Benefits
- MD Management
- Medical Affairs, Central Zone
- Dr2Dr Secure Messaging Tool
- Alberta Rural Physician Action Plan
See you there!