Enhancements to www.APLJobs.ca are coming on September 1, 2015 in response to the sponsorship eligibility changes for eligible candidates for the Provisional Register Conditional Practice in Alberta that came into effect on May 29, 2015.
Our goal is to provide a high level of service to APL Job seekers and employers by providing up to date information on current opportunities in Alberta. To this end, the following changes will be implemented on APLJobs.ca on September 1:
- Every posting on APLJobs.ca will be clearly identified as “sponsorship eligible” or “non-sponsorship eligible”.
- Only applications from eligible candidates applying for non-sponsorship eligible positions will be accepted. There will be an automated message sent to candidates who apply for a position for which they are not eligible.
- A mandatory update will be required from each job seeker to indicate whether they have an independent practice license in another Canadian jurisdiction. Physicians who are currently in independent practice in another Canadian jurisdiction may not require an assessment to practice in Alberta.
- A sponsorship message will be added to various screens within APLJobs.ca with details regarding the recent changes, and a link to additional information.
- There will be a new filter to enable job seekers to search positions by sponsorship eligibility.
Employers will also be required to include salary information in their position postings. We have developed a scale of salary ranges to select from, and this will be mandatory beginning September 1. This change is to ensure APL job seekers and potential applicants have access to the information they need to make decisions on posts of interest.
Any questions or comments can be directed to email@example.com or to firstname.lastname@example.org.